I. Teaching aims:
Talk about amusement parks
Practise asking and giving directions
II. Teaching aids: tape recorder, slides, and pictures
Step I Warming up
1. Teacher shows some pictures and asks:
Where were these pictures taken?
What are the things in the pictures called?
Have you tried any of these things?
Where did you try them?
If you haven’t, would you like to? Why or why not?
Step II Listening
1. Ask some questions to Ss:
It is good to have a theme park in a city?
What good will it do to the people in the city?
What kinds of theme parks do you think our city should have?
■.2. let Ss read through the questions in the book before listening. (SB, Listening part 1) and listen to the tape carefully. Then finish the exercises in the book. Go on to listen the tape (SB, Listening part 2).
3. Pay the tape several times to Ss until they understand the meaning of listening material and then teacher check the answers with Ss.
Step III. Speaking
1. show the pictures to Ss and ask
Where is the Space Centre/ Ocean World/ Animal Park/ Restaurant?
What do you think you can see there?
What can people do there?
How about Tomorrow Land?
Where can you go if you want to learn about dinosaurs?
What are some of the things sold in the souvenir shop?
2. let Ss listen to the tape and follow it.
3. let Ss make a similar dialogue and then act it out
Finish the exercise in Workbook.